The Alemeda Area (Metro: ALAMEDA) in Lisbon is fantastic for a jog/run.
The Monumental Fountain at Alameda Dom Afonso Henriques , known as Fonte Luminosa makes a great running path on a nice day.
The fountain was built to celebrate the regular supply of water to the eastern part of the city. Although originally conceived in 1938, it was only opened on May 30, 1948.
The project was done by the brothers Carlos Rebello de Andrade and Guilherme Rebello de Andrade and fits into the conservative style, often called Smooth Portuguese , dominant in the 1940s ; the sculptures are by Maximiano Alves ( Cariátides ) and Diogo de Macedo ( Tejo and Tágides ); The bas-reliefs (side panels) of Jorge Barradas